Good evening, I hope everyone is having an amazing Thursday! Today Naila and I are sharing our must haves and favorite baby food/ solid food necessities.
We started her food journey with rice cereal when she was almost 6 months old. After that she was introduced to puree foods, then to the more chunky foods and now at almost 11 months old she can pretty much eat anything just not in big pieces yet since her teeth have not came in yet.
Introducing her to new foods everyday is so exciting, just seeing her reaction makes my day every day. Until this day we haven’t given her anything that she dislikes. Which is amazing!!
1. The most useful item has to be the Fisher Price Sit Me Up Floor Seat, I use this seat every single day to feed her or just to play with her. You can start using this as soon as they have full head control. What is great about this item is that it folds flat, so you can take it with you wherever you go which is a plus.
2. Spoons are a necessity for them to learn to eat rice cereal or puree foods. We love a few kinds the Munchkin Infant Safety Spoons, the Nuby spoons, and the Munchkin soft tip spoons. Somehow spoons are easy to loose so we are actually purchasing a new set soon we are going to try the BEABA spoon set.
3. As a stay at home mom, staying in every single day can become a challenge which is why we go on outings a few times a week. I love having items in her diaper bag that I can easily use and then throw away. Disposable items make life so much easier. We love disposable bibs, and disposable table toppers.
When we use a public high chair we use the high chair/shopping cart cover.
4. At around 9 months babies are allowed to drink water along with their food. The OXO Tot transition soft spout sippy cup is the best sippy cup that I have tried so far and it’s spill proof. Recently she has started drinking out of straws so I ordered the OXO Tot transition straw cup and we love it equally.
FAVORITE ORGANIC FOODS AND SNACKS 🙂
1. We keep both baby food jars and pouches. But honestly my favorite are the baby food pouches just because they are so compact and so easy to handle while feeding and you can use a spoon with them if you choose to but you don’t have to. You can also use the ChooMee SoftSip food pouch tops so that baby can hold and eat from the food pouch without making a mess and if there are any leftovers you can just close the pouch top and save for later, it’s genius. 🙂
Our favorite puree foods as of now are the following:
- Earth’s Best organic baby food pouches
- Earth’s Best organic baby food jars
- Plum Organics baby food pouches
- Plum Organics baby food cup
- Happy Baby organic baby food pouches
- Beech-Nut organic baby food pouches
2. My baby loves snacks, who doesn’t right? Snacks are a must in my diaper bag. Our favorite are the following:
- Happy Baby Organic Yogis
- Happy Baby organic teething crackers
- Baby Mum-Mum rice rusks
- Beech-Nut fruit and veggie melties
- Beech-Nut cereal puffs
- Gerber organic yogurt melts fruit snacks
- Gerber Graduates Lil’ Crunchies
If you are still reading you are amazing! Thank you for taking the time out of your day to read my blog post. 🙂
And yes, my daughter eats ice cream sometimes.
Thank you so much for supporting my blog. Don’t forget to make a commitment to yourself to grow daily!